Top 5 Cohen Hearing Quotes
- “Ladies and gentlemen, the days of this committee protecting the president at all costs are over. They’re over,” Cummings said.
- Rep. Jackie Speier asked “How many times did Mr. Trump ask you to threaten an individual or entity on his behalf?” 50, 100, 200 or 500 times? He agreed with 500.
- “Indeed, given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020 that there will never be a peaceful transition of power,” Cohen said. “This is why I agreed to appear before you today.”
- “Mr. Trump is an enigma. He is complicated, as am I. He has both good and bad, as do we all,” Cohen said. “But the bad far outweighs the good, and since taking office, he has become the worst version of himself. He is capable of behaving kindly, but he is not kind. He is capable of committing acts of generosity, but he is not generous. He is capable of being loyal, but he is fundamentally disloyal
- “I am ashamed because I know what Mr. Trump is. He is a racist. He is a con man. He is a cheat,” Cohen said